Employment Policies and Handbooks
It is important to ensure that you have appropriate employment policies in place that reflects what happens in your business, gives you the protection and flexibility you need, as well as being compliant with the law.
The polices should explain how the organisation will deal with issues when they arise and show that the organisation operates in a fair and consistent way towards their employees.
Square Peg recommend that you have the following essential policies in place:
- Recruitment and Selection process
- Equal Opportunity
- Dignity at work (including Harassment and bullying)
- Health & Safety (where five or more staff are employed)
- Discipline and Grievance
- Absence Policy
- Holidays/Annual leave policy
- Family policies including parental rights such as maternity, paternity, adoption, parental (including shared parental) and dependents leave
- Flexible Working
- Data Protection
Square Peg will ensure that each policy is drafted to suit to your particular business needs in straightforward language that can be understood by everyone.
Having the right polices in place and ensuring that all employees have access to them is essential if the organisation finds itself in a position where it needs to rely on one of its policies.